Innovare Smart Homes is committed to providing you with a high-quality shopping experience with respect for your security and privacy.
Innovare Smart Homes is committed to respecting the privacy of our users and protecting your information. We strive to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of information provided to us.
Some of the services we provide may be obstructed if you do not provide us the necessary Personal Information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, unless otherwise stated, your choice is not to use or access the services
In order to provide you with the best experience with our products and services, we collect various types of information, including both Personal Information and non-personal information. Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify you or link back to you.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 18.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. You can help protect your information by creating a strong password to access your online account and by accessing your account only through a personal computer or device, as opposed to public computers or public means.
We collect personal information you knowingly provide to us. For instance, when you register for an account on our Websites or App , shop on the Websites or respond to a survey, you may provide to us your name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card or other payment information. When you shop on our Websites we collect the information about the products you purchase from us. When you interact with our customer service or technical support teams, you may also provide additional information about the way you are using specific products or the way your network is configured.
If you post any comments or content on our Websites, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to provide there may be read, collected, or used by third parties. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit and we cannot guarantee that third parties have not made copies of or will not use such information in any way.
When you use our Website, we automatically collect Operational Data and Usage Data.
Operational Data is information that is needed to provide you with Website functionality, and includes such information as your IP address and your login information. Operational data also includes information you provide to us to accept, process, and fulfill your orders for products and services.
Usage Data is information about how you interact with our Websites, such as click paths through our Websites, the operating system and device types you use to access our Websites, your IP address, and cookie information. Please see “Cookies and Other Tracking Devices” below for more information about browser cookies.
We may receive additional information about you from other parties. Any information received from third parties is handled and protected with at least as much care as information you provide directly to us or we collect automatically, and with any additional restrictions imposed by the provider of the information.
Like many other commercial websites, the Websites utilize a standard technology called cookies. Cookies are small strings of text that websites can send to your browser. They cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive or obtain your email address. Cookies help a website determine that a particular browser or user has previously visited the site. As a result, the cookie helps the site save and remember any preferences that may have been set while the user was browsing the site. We gather and store cookies for users who browse or use the Websites. Using cookies on the Websites provides benefits to you, such as allowing you to maintain your account login information between visits.
We may use your Personal Information for a variety of purposes, including without limitation in the following ways:
- To complete your purchase transactions and deliver products to you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To personalize your Website experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- Smarthome is a division of Smartlabs, Inc. Your Personal Information may also be shared with other Smartlabs divisions, such as Insteon, to assist in the development and refinement of our own product lines.
- We do not share your e-mail address with any third-party solicitors.
- When you place an order with us, you will receive confirmation e-mails and, in some cases, a follow-up e-mail asking to rate your experience.
- Your order information, including e-mail address, may be retained to provide safety or security notifications regarding a product you’ve ordered.
- We may use your e-mail address to notify you that your cart is abandoned before completing an order or of any updates or changes to your account, our privacy practices, or our terms of service.
- If you have opted-in to receive our email newsletter, you periodically get product, solution and sale alert emails from us. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mails or electronic notices from us, please refer to the “How to Opt-Out, Remove or Modify Information Provided to Us” section below.
- If you have not opted-in to receive electronic newsletters, you will not receive these electronic communications. Visitors who register or participate in other Website features such as marketing programs and “members-only” content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our electronic communications list and receive electronic communications from us.
- If you have subscribed to any forums and/or topics, you will receive emails from us when someone posts in the sections you’ve subscribed to. You may unsubscribe by clicking the Unsubscribe link on the associated topic.
- If you have a Smarthome Forum account and have configured it to let other members email you (this is a setting in your forum Profile), you may receive email from other forum members. If you do not wish to receive email from other forum members, you can change this setting in your profile.
- If you have a Smarthome Forum account, Forum administrators and/or moderators may contact you directly via email if they believe the content you are posting is inappropriate, generally offensive, or for other similar reasons.
We may anonymize your Personal Information so that it can no longer identify you. We may also aggregate data in a way that prevents it from personally identifying you. We do not link personally identifiable information with aggregated user data.
We use both personal data as well as anonymized data to monitor the performance of our servers and services, allowing us to proactively and reactively update our services to deliver a consistently high quality of service. For instance, we may use a combination of general traffic monitoring as well as IP addresses to determine if certain internet service providers or geographic regions have poorer performance and require specific performance enhancements.
We do not sell, license or otherwise disclose any of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your affirmative consent to such disclosure.
Such information may also be used or transferred as a business asset as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
We may share non-identifiable information or information aggregated/anonymized in a form that does not directly identify you for purposes such as conducting market or traffic flow analysis, and to produce or facilitate production by others of business and marketing reports to share with third parties.
Sharing with third-party vendors
We use various third-party vendors to deliver our services, such as hosting our Websites, handling payment processing and order fulfillment, and to deliver our online advertising. In these cases, Smartlabs acts as the data controller and the third-party vendors act as data processors. As our agents, these third-party vendors receive from us only the specific information required for them to perform specific services on our behalf, and they are not authorized to use or disclose your information except as necessary and agreed to perform those specific services for us or to comply with applicable legal obligations.
Smarthome may share your personal data with third-party vendors, who use that data solely to provide various specific business functions on our behalf.
- Cloud-based ERP
- Content delivery, including online advertising
- Customer support services
- E-commerce automation
- Email marketing and email delivery services
- GDPR compliance services
- Order fulfillment
- Payment processing
- Product installation services
- Risk scoring
- Website analytics
- Website hosting
To modify your e-mail subscriptions or notifications, please click on the “unsubscribe” or “update your preferences” link in the most recent email from Innovare Smart Homes. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails or electronic notices already in production.
We keep the data we collect for the time necessary to fulfill our obligations to you, including order fulfillment, follow-up technical support (as needed), and the satisfaction of warranty obligations. Operational Data may be deleted or anonymized when you delete your Innovare Smart Homes Account, depending on whether the anonymized data is still relevant to us in aggregate as part of our continuous product improvement processes, or whether the Data is reasonably necessary to provide you with support for ordered products and services. In some cases, we may follow a longer data retention schedule if required or permitted by law.
We want you to be in control of how your personal information is used by us. Subject to local law, you can do this in the following ways:
- you can ask us for a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you;
- you can inform us of any changes to your Personal Information, or if you want us to correct any of the Personal Information we hold about you;
- in certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block or restrict the Personal Information we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your Personal Information; and
- in certain situations, you can also ask us to send the Personal Information you have given us to a third party.
Where we are using your Personal Information on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time. Moreover, where we process your Personal Information based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your Personal Information.
We rely on you to ensure that your Personal Information is complete, accurate and current. In many cases you can update your Personal Information through our Websites. You can also inform us of any changes to, or inaccuracies of, your Personal Information by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Innovare Smart Homes website contains links to other third party websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the Personal Information you submit to them. We are not responsible for the content, privacy and security practices, and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Services. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.